Sam, the crazy-creative. A free spirit chick from somewhere between Aus and the U.K.
With some serious titles to her name, freestyle anything is what she loves. She knows the basics inside out, but she lives to blur those lines and create magic with her scissors and random s**t she collects in her tool box.
After Working for only one salon in Radelaide for a decade, in 2014 Sam took a leap of faith and opened her award winning salon Orbe North Adelaide.
Sam’s dedicated much of her own time to education and growing cool young stylists for the industry over the last 6 years. With Both Local and national education, reinventing the basics, getting up close and hands on and challenging the norm is what you can expect from your sesh with Sambo.
What a ride she’s had, Fancy starting off winning the first photographic comp you ever entered, well it’s possible… taking out 2013 AHFA South Australian Hairdresser of the Year, and making finalist every year since. With killer titles and accolades like –
– AHFA SA/TAS Hairdresser of the year 2017
– The 2016 Visionary Award scoring her a spot on Hotshots squad 2016,
– Australian Creative Director for EVY Professional
– National Goldwell Color Zoom finalist 2010,12,13,14,16,17
– AHIA Best Salon Business Newcomer Finalist 2016
– Winner AHIA Best SA State Salon 2017
– Creative Hair Director for THE VOICE KIDS 2014 & styling for The original VOICE 2014
– numerous Fashion week shows
– Hair Expo shows on main stage, Launch pad and Gen Next.
– City Awards Adelaide Best Salon Spa 2016
– educating for heaps of national brands
– Numerous editorials published
in Oyster Magazine, Australian Hair & Beauty magazine and epic international front covers for Spanish mag Peluquerias to name a few
And the ultimate recognition as a successful chick being named 2016’s Telstra Young Business Women of the Year Finalist.
In her ‘spare down time’ sam swaps her scissors for her power drill and gets stuck into reno’s at home. Yep she builds decks, plasters, landscapes and tiles. An extension of her ‘give anything a crack’ attitude and creative flair.